The experimental project provides the simplification of a number of bureaucratic procedures regarding the production of ammunition and combat parts for drones in Ukraine. This will allow domestic manufacturers to expand their capabilities and more quickly meet the relevant needs of the security and defense forces of the state.
On July 21, the Cabinet of Ministers adopted the Resolution "On the implementation of an experimental project on the production, procurement and supply of ammunition for unmanned systems and combat units of unmanned systems." Its initiators and coordinators are the Ministry of Strategic Industries and the Ministry of Digital Transformation.
According to Oleksandr Kamyshin, the Minister for Strategic Industries, the decision will encourage Ukrainian manufacturers of UAV ammunition to expand their own capacities.
"Drones and ammunition for them at the front are critically important. We can and must produce them in Ukraine, creating the most favorable conditions for our entrepreneurs. Only in this way is it possible to satisfy the needs of the army and help them get the Victory," Kamyshin comments.
In general, the implementation of the mentioned experimental project involves:
* establishing the procedure for acquiring the status of a manufacturer of ammunition for unmanned systems;
* establishment of clear requirements for such manufacturers (regarding personnel, production facilities, storage procedure);
* the possibility of carrying out such production without an environmental impact assessment conclusion;
* establishment of requirements for the supply of manufactured ammunition;
* the possibility of developing ammunition and combat parts for drones both by state order and on one's own initiative;
* establishment of the procedure for conducting tests of the developed sample and a simplified procedure for its commissioning;
* implementation of quality control at the production stage;
* the possibility of purchasing and supplying ammunition for the needs of the security and defense forces of Ukraine by legal entities.