The mission of the Ministry of Strategic Industries of Ukraine is to form and implement state industrial and military-industrial policy, state policy in the field of defense orders and the defense-industrial complex, as well as in the aircraft industry and in the field of space activities.
The legal bases of activity of the Ministry of Strategic Industries of Ukraine
The Ministry of Strategic Industries of Ukraine is the central body of the executive power, whose activities are directed and coordinated by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
In its activities, the Ministry is guided by the Constitution and laws of Ukraine, decrees of the President of Ukraine and resolutions of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine adopted in accordance with the Constitution and laws of Ukraine, acts of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, international treaties of Ukraine, the Regulation on the Ministry of Strategic Industries, and other acts of Ukrainian legislation.
The Minister heads the Ministry of Strategic Industries and manages its activities. The powers of the head of the public service are exercised by the state secretary, who is accountable and under the control of the Minister.
The Minister approves the structure of the Office of the Ministry of Strategic Industries. The State Secretary, in agreement with the Ministry of Finance, approves the staff schedule and the budget.
Powers of the Ministry
The Ministry of Strategic Industries is entrusted with the following powers:
• drafting laws and other legal acts on issues that belong to the competence of the Ministry;
• preparing proposals for the National Security Strategy, Military Security Strategy, Defense Plan, Strategic Defense Bulletin, National Intelligence Program and other documents on national security and defense issues;
• ensuring, within the limits of authority, the adaptation of Ukrainian legislation to EU legislation;
• ensuring the functioning of the product certification system in the defense-industrial complex in accordance with NATO standards;
• participating in the organization of state and other tests of samples of weapons and military equipment;
• developing projects of legal acts regarding the state defense order and their submission to the Government for consideration;
• coordinating space activities in Ukraine and under the jurisdiction of Ukraine outside its borders;
• promoting in the established order the attraction of domestic and foreign investments in the development of strategic industries;
• implementing international measures aimed at forming a positive investment image of Ukraine within the limits of authority;
• ensuring the fulfillment of tasks and measures aimed at the development of cooperation with NATO, the EU and other state strategic partners of Ukraine in the spheres that belong to the competence of the Ministry of Strategic Industries of Ukraine.